Is this normal?

Yeah I know - not a very creative way to start a question, but I have to ask.....

My 21 month old plays with his cars and trucks. All day. And nothing (or not much) else. He is totally focused on his cars! He'll drive them on the love seat, put them on the dining room chairs, "park" them under the table. He'll gather up all of them that he can find and would play for HOURS if I let him. I have never seen a child that young play so intently with ONE thing. My older son does that, but he's - well - older! But a toddler??? Would you consider this normal behavior for a nearly-two year old?

mama2000_1

Asked by mama2000_1 at 1:21 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Mine is exactly the same. Just turned 2 and a half and still doing it, but not longer than one hour.
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 1:51 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Oh yeah my son LOVES trucks- construction trucks especially. Thats usually how I get him to quit throwing a tantrum, or just be good, I talk about the bull dozer or race cars etc.
    Thats all he plays with he sits around reading books about cars and trucks. He only plays with one no more than 2 toys that isnt a car or truck.
    I guess its just built into some boys, moreso than others.

its kinda funny really how into trucks he is. lol
    pregojen

Answer by pregojen at 4:12 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Sure it's normal. My daughter will pick a toy she loves and attaches to it. Plays with it for quite a while then she'll move on when she's ready. Apparently he loves his trucks.
    ldybgvld

Answer by ldybgvld at 4:01 PM on May. 28, 2010