Has any of you taken a plane with two small children?

I have a 2 and a half y old boy and 11 months old girl. I have to fly from texas to pennsylvania next week and I have no one to come with me. There is no non-stop flight and there is 55 minutes before the two flights. Is it possible to make it and how?

cristinaberger

Asked by cristinaberger at 1:54 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I haven't done it with 2 small children (although i will in the next few months) but i have gone on a 13 hour flight with one toddler. It is EXHAUSTING but can be done. Just make sure to bring snacks and toys. And if you can, try to make it so that they sleep most of the way.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I am not worried about the actual flight. My problem is how do I get from home to the airport? My husband will take my car and carseats with him when he's driving the u-haul. And even if I find someone that can take me to the airport, how do I get through baggage check and security with a toddler who wants to run away from me and a baby who can't walk but is too big for a carrier and a diaper bag and laptop bag and double stroller? And is 55 minutes enough to catch the other plane?
    cristinaberger

Answer by cristinaberger at 2:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• 55 minutes should be enough to catch the plane.
    I know you probably don't like the idea of a child harness, I hate them too. But i did use one with my toddler when we were in the airport. Turns out i didn't need it because he was too scared to run away from me. But if he had he wouldn't have gotten very far.

Not sure about how you can get from home to the airport. You could take the carseats with you, but that would just be one more thing for you to carry around the airport.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:26 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Well, mine were 16, 9, 4 and 6 months and I am disabled in a wheelchair. It can be done.....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on May. 28, 2010