my baby is vomitting up dark fluid and has diarriah, hes been sleeping all evening. anyone know of a virus going around?

Tre' is 4 yrs old. he was at a baseball game and he went and played on the play ground with some other kids. he came back after a lil bit and told me his belly hurt and he laid down and fell asleep. the game ended and we came home he came inside took off his shirt got juice and fell back asleep. i went outside for a second came back in and went to check on him. he was covered in vomit and had started to have diahrria in his pants. he litereally covered the couch, cover and pillow. it even went to the floor. so i clean him up and he wants to lay in the floor. i give him something else to drink he says he doesnt want any food. he fell back asleep we were all sittin in the room with him. when i hear a noise look over and hes vommiting again.its a really dark brown almost blk.i cleaned him up and he laid in the hallway and fell back asleep i had to dress him and take him down the stairs. it was coming out of his nose and mouth.

TreQuansmomma

Asked by TreQuansmomma at 1:56 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• My husband and one daughter have been sick with flu like symptoms all day. Coming out both ends, extra sleepy, and no fever.They havne't puked black stuff either. My older daughter just puked for the first time about and hour ago, so 3 out of 5 of us are sick so far. My friends mom is also sick with flu like symptoms.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:15 AM on May. 28, 2010

• dark almost black vomit **could be** blood. Can't see it, so i can't say, but you really should get him checked out. There is a stomach bug going around here, but usually you only see whatever food/drink is in the stomach, or greenish yellow bile.....NOT dark vomit. (i am a nurse, have seen 'hematemesis' many times--blood in emesis)

see a doc asap better safe than sorry. GL and please keep us posted.
    inkydorei

Answer by inkydorei at 5:21 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I have no medical background, so I don't know what could be going on with your son, but I would take him in and get him checked out. The dark colored vomit has me very concerned. I hope everything is ok, good luck!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I sure hope you took that poor boy straight to the ER!
    Anonymous

• i took him to the hospital. i was waiting for the ride to get here. we took him in they rushed him through triage and blood work and xrays. then the doc comes in looks at him for like 5 seconds and goes to look at the xrays. he never came back about an hour later a nurse came in and said he had gastroendanitis. she said that means irriated stomach. there was absolutley no concern over the dark colored vomit or the diahrria. then they just send him a perscription and tell him to go home. my son hadnt urinated or anything. they didnt care. i brought him home and hes slept most of the day. he wouldnt eat still and hes freezing. i had to leave him home with his grandma to get pedialyte and pull ups(he couldnt make it to the bathroom no matter how close he was.) and his perscription. it gave him 4 naseua pills. his doctor is beside the store. i went in and asked his nurses what else i could do for him to help him.
    TreQuansmomma

Answer by TreQuansmomma at 4:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• they told me if it doesnt change by tonite or if it gets worse to have an ambulance come get them and make them call his doctor. he said that he should have done that in the first place. so im going to give it till tonite and see what happens. as of right now hes sittin here enjoying his surprise ds game and talking to his cousins. he has had half of a bannana and kept it down. so we'll wait and see. im still concerned about the color of the vomit and the fact that it came out of his nose. i guess i over react. well thats what the hospital thinks.
    TreQuansmomma

Answer by TreQuansmomma at 4:29 PM on May. 28, 2010