How long could you go without seeing your mom?

It's been 7 years for me but she lives 16 hours of flying away. I am planning to see her this year at Christmas, it brakes my heart to see her getting older in the pictures. I wish she would live with me but she loves her country and wouldn't move to the US for anything. She tried to visit but she has been denied on her visa application because the US embassy thinks everyone wants to come here and stay here illegally. I couldn't afford to go home until now, but now that she has two grand children that she never met I have to make a sacrifice and go home, even though it will cost us 3 months of pay.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I haven't seen my mom in 1 year, 1 month and 2 weeks. I have the rest of my life to go. :(

Where does she live? Korea? I know that flight took DH 16 hours when he went.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:03 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i would go and see her i couldnt stay away from my mom that long and your kids probably would love to meet there gma! Can she help anyway to help you guys come see her??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:04 AM on May. 28, 2010

• She lives in Romania and she can't afford to help. When she wanted to come here I was supposed to pay for that too. The average pay in Romania is 200 dollars per month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I would go and spend time with your mom. I have went about 2 years without saeeing my mom and that sucks. We were only 2 towns apart but that is another story in itself. Have a great time with your mom.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I havent seen my mom since my dads funeral which was 9 yrs ago. She moved 3000 miles away and I dont have the money to go see her,,,it is so hard, i know
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:40 AM on May. 28, 2010

• how much is the flight to romania? hope you see her soon. your a good daughter.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 5:49 AM on May. 28, 2010

• what are you waiting for?????? you never know who dies first go and meet your mom buddy!!!!
    Asifa

Answer by Asifa at 6:16 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I empathise with you.  I lived in a different country than my parents for 13 years.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:16 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I haven't seen my mom for over 6 months, but not by my choice. We have issues and I have tried to work things out,but she doesn't want to work things out. The road goes both ways and she knows where I live.
    Robsmommy

Answer by Robsmommy at 8:43 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My mom lives with me but before when she didn't I would see her everyday, she lived very close to me and I missed seeing her.

Answer by older at 9:26 AM on May. 28, 2010