His parents drink now he does whats going to happen to our son

Do you think if you grow up around alcohol it means u have to be that way?? My dh's parents were always at the bar every night his gma raised him! Well he thinks he has to drink all the time now!! he always told me how much it hurt him for them never being around, before his dad passed away he told him thats not the way to live and he wished he could take it all back and he was sorry!! well my dh is doing that to our son now!! hes 21 we have been together 5yrs married almost 2 but it wasnt like this until after we had our son maybe b/c he turned 21 i dont know.. i have tried to talk to him but he will not talk to me

i love him but beer is hurting our marriage and he sees nothing wrong with it and i truely believe that is our only problem!! he does keep a job but when hes not working its beer,bars or friends what should i do!!
i dont want my son to do this too:(:( its a BIG problem

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:21 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I DO NOT DRINK AND I WONT and he gets mad b/c i dont want to go party my responsibility is our son and i love being with him not with friends or drinkiing
    should i leave but my son will still see his dad drinking what should i do our sons only 2 but already knows what color box and what beer is please any advice
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Like father like son.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:24 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i know but i dont want my son to grow up like this.. if i would get a divorce could i get supervised visitations b/c he drinks every weekend and sometimes during the week i dont want him going to his dads and not getting tooken care of i dont know what to do and he wont change wont even slow down on the drinking please someone
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:26 AM on May. 28, 2010

• our son is only 2 my dh has never changed a diaper doesnt bathe feed him or anything i do all of it and my son doesnt want him changing him or anything now b/c he has never done it before i really truely dont think he could care for our son if he got visitation, and he cant quit drinking now for us to stay together so i know he wont to see his son
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:28 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I think you have more then your DH running the roads and drinking. It sounds to me that you have more problems in your family and relationship then just that your hubby drinking all the time. Give him choices and see where that gets you the children are the ones it will affect the most in the end. 21 or 39 he made a family and got married he needs to stay home and be a present parent not the drink hubby, father on the bar stool.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:32 AM on May. 28, 2010