Do you believe in Karma/ "Energies"

Do you personally believe we are all connected to a higher link.. if we were just able to concentrate better and focous energy towards things? Such things as Karma and putting out a positive "energy" to gain things we desire in our lives?
Tell me your thoughts .. This is open to all religions, and people who practice them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:27 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• For me, The jury is still out on whether God intervenes on trivial matters or simply gives us the tools and resources to institute change. After all if we do not put effort into change as well, what is it's value? I do; however; believe that all nature and all energy have a balance and how we respond when it is off center determines how far it goes to the left or right. I believe there are both forces of good and evil, but for God to intervene would make it impossible for us to grow in character and so he ;in my mind; intervenes only when it is necessary to keep his plan for us on track.

GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 3:54 AM on May. 28, 2010

• YES! I believe in karma.
    LavenderRose10

Answer by LavenderRose10 at 5:38 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I believe in Eenergies but not a higher god or link.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:47 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Yes, but without god or 'higher power". We are all connected to the universe around us in some way.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:16 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Karma is a horrible concept. Believing in karma is saying that everyone born with disabitlies (or acquires a disability anytime in life) deserves it as punishment for something they did in this life or in a past life.

Ecclesiastes 8:14
    There is something else meaningless that occurs on earth: righteous men who get what the wicked deserve, and wicked men who get what the righteous deserve. This too, I say, is meaningless.
    m2KnL

Answer by m2KnL at 9:38 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Yep. I'm Pagan. And most Pagans at least have some type of respect for the "Three Fold Rule" or the idea that when you preform magick what you put out comes back three fold. For me though I see the "Three Fold Rule," Karma and the Law of Attraction as all one in the same. I believe that when we do something - anything - it creates and sends out energy. This energy returns to us as it left. So negative energy returns in negative ways, while positive energy returns in positive ways... I believe that all actions have 3 parts - 1. Planning, 2. Doing, 3. Aftermath... And part creates it's own energy to be sent out - which is where the Wiccans/Pagans get their Three Fold Rule. Basically it's the same as Karma and "The Secret" though...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:36 AM on May. 28, 2010

• M2 - Yes, you're right... Karma is a horrid belief because you get a second chance to make right...

...And Hell, that's a wonderful and forgiving belief!

banging head into wall

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:40 AM on May. 28, 2010

• yes
    MamaK88

Answer by MamaK88 at 11:10 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Do you believe in Karma?

Yes, to some extent. I do believe that the energy you put out there is the energy you get back. So if you put a lot of negativity out there that's whats coming back to you! (I'm Pagan)

Morgain

Answer by Morgain at 11:16 AM on May. 28, 2010

• A link---Aside from being carbon-based lifeforms, NO.

"Energies" in this case isn't really anything different from a specific outlook such as being optimistic or pessimistic. While those outlooks can influence a situation and that influence can "move" a person into a direction of action they don't actually have their own "powers".

KristiS11384

Answer by KristiS11384 at 11:19 AM on May. 28, 2010