How did you stop smoking? Today is my day!

I just swallowed a Chantix, something I havent done since the last time I tried to stop smoking. I saw this video on-line, it was british and it showed this little boy and his mom and she left him alone in this huge terminal with strangers passing all around him. He started crying for his momma....and the narrator said,,, "this is your child crying for you after only a monent or two of you being gone, imagine what it would be like if you where gone forever" I truly believe that these anti smoking commercials can really help us ladies,they are so powerful.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:36 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• I just saw this two yrs old smoking a cigarette on line this morning in some other country. It made me sick I guess his father gave him one at 18 months old and he is up to 2 pks a day. I am also trying to quit also. That chantix gave me the worst nightmares ever in my whole life. But it works for some and not for others.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:48 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Good luck to you (I hit the button I am the same person :48) I hope you can stop for good. My father stopped cold turkey 5 yrs ago. I wish I could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:50 AM on May. 28, 2010

• OP here, I saw that video tonight too,,,and then it gave other sites and that is where I saw the british ad. OMG,,,giving cigs to two year olds, I just want to cry that these damn things are so addicting and so deadly. Dont care if I have nightmares tonight or not, I need to stop for my kids....
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:52 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I got pregnant and never went back to smoking again.
    dbodani

Answer by dbodani at 4:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I used Chantix as well.............. get ready for some crazy dreams and drink lots of water and juices to protect your liver...... It does work and I'm four weeks out, now......................... Good Luck, you can do it!!!
    GMMOLLY

Answer by GMMOLLY at 4:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I quit 5 years ago. I basically started tapering off how much I smoked. I quit going on smoke breaks at work...then I stopped smoking in the car. Then I just stopped. I had to have gum or sugar free candy in my mouth all the time. (Especially cinnamon gum--for some reason that helped with cravings). Good luck. You can do it!
    (I never tried Chantix, but the nicotine patches made me itch REALLY bad).
    heathermarie32

Answer by heathermarie32 at 7:55 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I had to quit cold turkey. I know enough about myself to know that I'd never be able to taper off. If I had cigarettes, I'd smoke them. If you ask me, it's mostly in your head - so I made a big production of going outside and enjoying my very last cigarette. I needed that FINAL one. And that was it. I didn't have any more to smoke, so I didn't.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 10:58 AM on May. 28, 2010