Seven Month Old Not Eating Baby Food . . .

My seven month old doesn't really take baby food or cereal yet. Which is fine but now she is starting not to even want her formula all the time. Now I am concerned that she will eventually start losing weight especially since she is more active now that she is mobile.

DivasMommy.

Asked by DivasMommy. at 5:49 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Always offer the formula first. No solids until she's had her formula. But don't get too hung up on amount and her eating the same amount every day as she always does. In-take usually starts to go down a little bit at this age. If it gets to the point where you're worried about her staying hydrated (like she's not wetting enough diapers), then it's time to call the doctor. A small amount of weight loss as babies become more active is also normal. But it might not be as much as you think it will.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 7:32 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My daughter doesn't like it either which really threw me off because my boys devoured it. For her it seemed to be a texture thing. I thought it was taste but she wouldn't eat the yummy yobaby yogurts either and those are good. She would on the other hand eat everything we were eating. She liked food that was a little more chunky. Food that was really pureed she would either just hold in her mouth or act like it was gagging her. I just started to mash up our own food for her. She is now ten months and she just eats what we eat along with nursing a few times a day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Maybe shes ready for toddler food. my cousin's baby at 8 months startyed hating baby food , and started going for toddler food. . or maybe there are only certain foods that she likes , stick with the one she likes for a while. then start mixing in other foods with it that she likes.. ;I She's not sick is she, ? sometimes when babies are sick they don't tend to eat much either,
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 10:28 AM on May. 28, 2010