I have a serious question about facebook??? Help,please

My in laws wants to be friends on facebook. Do you thinks it's ok to add your in-laws to facebook,when they drive you crazy about your parenting and are always in your business like really really bad? And if not how do I tell them the reason why I didnt add them? Then they'll make a big deal and be nosey about that too,Ugh! Sooo confused!! I really need some opinions,thoughts,and outputs here ladies! Thank You so much :D

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:51 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I think you can add them as friends but can make it so they can only see certain things. I have a cousin that I am friends with on facebook and she blocked me from her wall (she is out drinking every night and doesn't want her mom to know) but I can see all of her other stuff. Which in her case isn't too smart. She blocked me from her wall but her pictures tell the stories! lol Anyway, you can look into that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:59 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I have my family members as friends on my facebook, but only because I get along with them! LOL If you don;t get along with some of them then I would politely tell them that you created your facebook page for the SOLE purpose of reconnecting with old friends and classmates, and you see them (family) plenty, and don't think it's necessary to add them as friends. (Or something like that!) :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:01 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Add them because it will just start a lot of problems if you don't
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 8:22 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I would add them if I got along with them. If I didn't get along with them, I wouldn't add them and I'd just say something like I feel it would make us lazy about informing them of what's going on with the kids or something ("I make updates on there about the kids. If I add you, I'd likely start thinking that you'll just see the updates and won't keep you as informed or involved. Don't want that.")
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 8:52 AM on May. 28, 2010

• you can add them and customize who sees your posts and things..when u post something you can either make visible to certain people or hide from certain people. to hide from them before you post click the little lock and click customize and you'll see the hide from part..you can put posts that only they can see too that way they dont think you're hiding everything.do the same thing but go to the make visible to part and click the drop down to specific people...that's what i do for things i dont want certain people to see..hope it helps some
    brenda06

Answer by brenda06 at 8:56 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Are you one of these people who post all your business up there? If not just make them your friends and be done,, I love facebook but never write anything personal on my wall or anything,,, so it wouldn't be a deal for me. MY own parents are nosy rosey's too! But how I use facebook doesn't give them any more or any less info than they already know. If you like to vent and such on facebook,, you can open another facebook page! I have a friend who has 2 facebooks,, one for work and one personal,, all you need is another email address and your in business, you could make your new one totally private and only have family members on there! Your in-laws won't know, unless they have already been able to view your current page,, and if you don't have the setting on private,, they can read what they want now anyway,, Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:57 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Add them and block them from seeing stuff. It's easy and I've been through the same thing!
    Anonymous

• Add them then block them from stuff.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 2:26 PM on May. 28, 2010