Changed my diet. Is this good?

I gained a couple pounds & want it off. I changed what I eat. Here is what I have been eating:
Breakfast- yogurt, strawberries & scoop of protein shake.
Lunch- Light Progresseo soup or boiled chicken w/ FF cream cheese on whole wheat sandwich roll.
Snack- handful of reduced fat cheez its or yogurt.
Supper- Turkey, salad w/ LF dressing & broccolli or the soup.

And all I drink is water. I am also taking xenadrine (don't bash) and walking everyday. I have lost two pounds since Sunday. I was hoping to have lost more but I guess two pounds is good enough. Is my eating okay? I am not good at this dieting stuff!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:08 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Diet & Fitness

• Diets don't work. You are better off changing your lifestyle by eating healthier & getting more exercise regularly if you want your weight loss to be long term. As for what you are eating now, yeah, not too bad, but I would try to avoid the heavily processed & chemical-laden "diet" foods like the reduced fat cheezits (sooo bad for you!).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Basically it's not bad but there's some undesirable stuff in there. You'd be better off making your own soup. It doesn't take long, especially if you use a crockpot, and you can freeze it in individual portions or keep it in the fridge for about a week. Instead of the low fat and fat free stuff try having a smaller amount of the real stuff. Some of those reduced fat foods aren't any lower in calories because they add extra sugar to make up for the loss of taste e.g. reduced fat peanut butter is usually about 10 calories less per tbsp.

Also, I know you know you shouldn't be taking the xenadrine. That stuff is bad news and you'll lose a few pounds fast enough eating a healthy diet and walking.
    RhondaVeggie

Answer by RhondaVeggie at 11:45 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Ehhhh...that's not the greatest...yogurt has a lot of sugar, which is a huge diet sabotager, you're not getting enough fruits & veggies or whole grains, and not really enough protein either. A better breakfast would be 2 scrambled egg whites, a peice or two of whole-grain or whole-wheat toast, and as much fruit as you want. Lunch, a big salad with lots of veggies and some turkey, chicken, egg, beans (legumes), whatever protein you like - plenty of it so your body doesn't start eating your muscles. A whole-grain roll or slice of bread on the side if a salad isn't enough. Dinner, more protein, brown rice, veggies & fruits. Snacks, kind of the same as the meals - a protein, fruit, whole grain - a few crackers with a little bit of turkey & hard cheese & and apple would be great. And yes, lots of water.
    But the soups are sodium-filled which doesn't help either.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:59 AM on May. 28, 2010