How did you quit?

I'm just a few days shy of being 4 weeks pregnant. I desperately want to quit smoking, but I'm finding it sooooo hard. I've left a message at my dr's office to see if there is anything I can try to help out. The withdrawal symptoms are terrible and along with me already having some pregnancy symptoms I feel like I'm going to go crazy!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• my first pregnancy I didn't quit and then at 9 weeks I lost the baby so when I got pregnant again that was enough of a reason to quit... I doubt that is was caused it because it was a VERY stressful time in my life and I think that was a factor but just to be on the safe side I didn't smoke anymore I didn't want any thing to go wrong!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:48 AM on May. 28, 2010

• btw it has been 6.5 years know and haven't started back up :) kids make you think twice... I always wanted to start smoking again but then i would look at my baby and feel quilty for wanting to smoke, so I never did!
    randilinn

Answer by randilinn at 8:49 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Knowing that every time I smoked my baby was smoking also was enough to get me to quit cold turkey the day I found out I was pregnant with both of my children! Not to mention the higher risk of sids, miscarriage, premature birth, low birth weight, and future health problems. I know what people are going to say "oh I smoked and my children are perfectly healthy" well you don't know how its going to affect them 20 years down the road and why take that chance. What about all the babies that DO have problems because of it. It is going to be hard but you can do it. You want to give your baby the best start and that starts now. Find a healthy habit to replace it... apples, carrots, lollipop, gum, and stay away from smokers. Also put that money away and start buying stuff for the little one!!! Good Luck!
    summerbudbud

Answer by summerbudbud at 8:50 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Hi,, I just stopped,, I had awful morning sickness,, so it wasnt to bad,, Nicotine gum works,, but try not to have too much,, just picture your baby holding a cigarette in the womb. I did restart,, but only outside and only when my kiddo isn't around,, I smoke about 3 ciggys a day,, I know I should give it up,,, You have to stop,, I know how it sucks,, but google smoking while PG,, and maybe that can help,, At least you have a double excuse to be grouchy hormones and no smokes,, LOL! Good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 8:52 AM on May. 28, 2010