what made you decide to homeschool?

how did you get started? what is your typical day like?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:05 AM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I have not fully decided yet (my baby is only 3 months), BUT my reason is that I feel like the schools are too FCAT oriented right now. There is a private school I would love him to be able to go to, but I don't think I will be able to afford it. If I home school, I plan on having a schedule simliar to a regular school: math at a certain time, english at a certain time, etc. I also plan on making sure he is involved in activities with other kids maybe city league sports, homeschool groups etc. so not to be socially awkward.
    I know someone who decided to homeschool their child and has no real curriculum to it, and they basically work on what he "feels like doing that day." NOT working out! This isn't my personal experience, but from watching others it seems really important to have a set schedule on how things are run, and stick to it.
    GingerMom33

Answer by GingerMom33 at 9:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• There were many things that made me decide to do it. The two most important were the fact that my daughter was struggling in school and they wanted to just pass her on anyway. And the fact that the school she goes to was dangerous and the staff wouldn't do anything about it.

We try to have a schedule, get up and do our work. Because of her ADD I try to do no more than 30 minutes of one subject at a time. If we need more time we can always come back to it later. But we really don't have a typical weekly schedule because so many other things can be done. We go to homeschool groups, field trips, and other classes out of the house. I do use a curriculum set but I also have tons of other books, resources, and websites we use as well.

BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 10:27 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I love my kids... Therefore, I would never homeschool... They are way to good to be some brainwashed fools!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:52 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i am the orginal poster and i think the anonymous who wrote the above is a troll. this question was not for you so why did you answer. get a life. and you are very disrespectful and i pity your kids and how you are raising them.
    Anonymous