Custody...ADVICE? ...if he doesnt show up for court..i cant have him drug tested...

he wants his lawyer to apear for him. i left with the kids because of 5 years of drug use and i couldnt take it any more. i am scared for my kids. he live out of state but has flight benifits and could easily make it here. he wants the kids for the summer. but hasnt even called them in six months hasn't even tried to see them in almost a year. i even recently gave him a set time during weekdays for him to call, he asked for it, i told him 6pm on any weeknight. and it has been two weeks and still no calls for the kids. what do i do? he is a stranger to my 3 and 5 year old. takes no initiative but wants them for the summer? i feel like....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:07 AM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• banging head into wallop i feel like....

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Why can't you have a court ordered drug test? I would ask your lawyer to demand from the judge that he be present.. I also would make sure they know how long it has been since he has had contact with them,, is he current on his support payments? I am so sorry Momma,, don't bang your head too much!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 9:10 AM on May. 28, 2010

• he is current on support only because it is garnished. we are trying to make him apear but we dont want him to know about the drug test because he is known to take stuff to mask his tests so it has to a pop drug test. what my lawyer says is that when we are in court we can request the judge to have him tested and he will have to comply
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:14 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Listen to your lawyer they know better than any of us. Also I know of a man who didn't show up for 4 straight court appearances and the judge said he must not care about his child that much so he awarded everything to the mother.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:13 AM on May. 28, 2010