Pretty sure he gave me herpes...

this is part vent part question, probably won't help to say this but please don't bash I have enough on my plate without your snide remarks bringing me down further. So I slept with this guy on friday, monday I started presenting with symptoms, went to the doc yesterday and she said "everything looks suspicious" I won't know for sure until next week. I'm scared, humiliated, mad (myself/him), This was the first guy that I had slept with after my divorce 6 months ago and I feel like just getting a really good vibrator and calling myself a nun for the rest of my life :( now onto the question part, I haven't told him anything (it's not like we were serious it was a one night stand) he's been contacting me and I've been avoiding him. Do I tell him now or wait until I'm sure, and he eaither lied to my face about his sister (doc) testing him regularly or not sleeping with anyone for the past 2 years. CONT...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• sounds like he lied to you about both or he is telling the truth and forgot to tell you he was pos for herpes and that is why he hasnt had sex for 2 years...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:19 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Or the other alternative is that he genuinely didn't know and he's going to blame me for it....IDK what would you do? I actually liked him (not in a oh lets get married way, but in a you would be fun to go out with and sleep with occasionally way)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:20 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I havent read the last part of your post, but I would say wait until you know for sure to save yourself a little bit of embarrassment. What if you told him he gave you herpes, then turns out that is not what it is? Catch my drift? That would be awkward
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 9:21 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Let's wait until the results come in and you know exactly what you are dealing with. I remember when I first met SO I ended up with a sore in my mouth. I told him if I had an STD he better crawl under a rock! Turns out it was an acid sore and I felt dumb! I let him sweat it out for a few days before I admitted what it was!

Answer by admckenzie at 9:23 AM on May. 28, 2010

• i would wait until you find out but more than likely he knows that he has it already and doesnt care and all he will do is turn it around on you and say you already had them and you gave him herpes
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:24 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I personally would just say something. Better to say it first so he has less standing to accuse you of it. Why would you say something if you knew you had it in the first place?
    bjane01

Answer by bjane01 at 9:34 AM on May. 28, 2010

• If you do have it,the public health department will inform him and track down who else he gave it to.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 9:39 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Can Herpes present itself that quickly? I don't know how fast Herpes can show, but I do know that it can lay dorment for up to 7 years before presenting itself. Is it possible you got it from your husband? Was he cheating? Since you aren't in a relationship with this man, I'd wait until the results come in. If it is Herpes, get the facts from your dr, like can Herpes show this fast, before you talk to him.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• You have to tell him.After you find out for sure if you have it or not.I think you should tell your ex a thing or two if you got it from him cheating on you.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:21 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Why do guys always say they haven't slept with anyone for 2 years, it is always 2 years, not 1 year, or 6 months?? WEIRD!!!
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:24 AM on May. 28, 2010