Can chicken poxs start on your childs hands and feet?

My youngest was running a fever yesterday and last night on both hands she has a rash ans some on her feet and 2 that i see in your mouth.

heidi5882

Asked by heidi5882 at 9:26 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• sounds like the other one, hand foot and mouth disease.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hand,_foot_and_mouth_disease
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:33 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Anonymous

• they usually start on the chest or neck, face
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 9:36 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I agree with anon. I think it's hand, foot and mouth disease. I'd go to the doctor. It doesn't sound that serious, though.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My son supposedly had hand foot and mouth disease and it went away it two days not the week and a half like the doctor said it was so weird, and no one else in the house got it!.
    blue_glass_mama

Answer by blue_glass_mama at 10:11 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Chicken poxs start in the torso (back, belly); Small pox (which is VERY rare) start on the outer extremities (legs, arm, face). My son recently had an unknown rash. After first we were told it was viral by the doctors and PA. However after nearly 10 days and 2 doctors and one PA we were not seeing any improvement so we took him to a dermatologist. The dermatologist looked at him, told us it as an allergy to a plant contact. (unknown plant), gave us some cream to put on it and he was completely cleared up in 7 days. We started to see improvement in 2 days after the visit to the dermatologist, however it took 7 days to be completely clear.  I would see a doctor or better yet a dermatologist. After what we went through, I will only go directly to a dermatologist now for skin rash issues.

SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 11:32 AM on May. 28, 2010

• It does sound more likely to be hand, foot, & mouth than chicken pox. If I remember correctly it is caused by a virus and you just have to wait it out. My dd had this last year, and I ended up with it too. It was very uncomfortable.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:43 AM on May. 28, 2010