do second babies labor go faster than first?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:40 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Pregnancy

• yes my first i was in labor for 12 hours and pushed for an hour.....my second i was in labor for 3 1/2 hours and pushed for literally ten minutes.....he was so low to begin with i didnt think we would make it to the hospital ...i wanted to wait to go and i think i almost waited too long!!lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Usually. Your body will have done it before so it will be ready to do it again.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 9:41 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I think it does my first 11 hrs. My second 5 hrs. ;)
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 9:42 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Not for everyone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on May. 28, 2010

• sometimes it does. I have a twin sister and i'm the oldest. She came 12 minutes after I did. -- If they aren't twins, well all i know is that sometimes it goes faster, and sometimes it doesn't. Good luck with the baby if you are pregnant. :)
    JaneWilliams5

Answer by JaneWilliams5 at 9:52 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Mine did...28hrs with my first, 5 1/2 hrs with my second!
    rlhall1980

Answer by rlhall1980 at 9:58 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My second was longer by 1 hour but he was facing up instead of back so it was hard to push him out. If he had been the right way, it would have shorter for sure!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 10:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• It depends. Mine did. I was contracting for nearly 30 hours with my first child. I was induced with my second child and didn't even feel the contractions till I was 6 cm, then I was screaming lol. But she was born a couple hours after that
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 10:56 AM on May. 28, 2010

• MINE DID!!! I got to the hospital at 8 cm with my son. He came soaring out 40 minutes later. It was a 5 hour labor total.
    KairisMama

Answer by KairisMama at 11:27 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I've always heard this, but mine DID NOT. That's probably because my first 2 are 9 YEARS apart so my body treated the second time as if it was the first. Now due with #3 in less than 5 weeks, I'm HOPING this one goes faster!
    sjjeaster

Answer by sjjeaster at 1:19 PM on May. 28, 2010