Will our SOs use this contraceptive?

May 18, 2010

Among the 78 research projects to receive $100,000 grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation earlier this week as part of the Grand Challenges in Global Health initiative, is an effort by researchers at the University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, to develop a non-invasive, reversible form of birth control for men — using ultrasound. Based on preliminary trials in rats, researchers James Tsuruta and Paul Dayton hope to develop a technique that would render men temporarily infertile for up to six months after one or two ultrasound exposures.

The project is one of 10 to receive grants toward the goal of creating new technologies for contraception. Other projects geared toward men include a male contraceptive pill that researchers say would work by limiting the maturation of sperm, and research into the specific chemical compounds in the vagina that guide sperm to egg — read more...prisonplanet.com

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:02 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Health

• My husband wont do anything that includes him using contraceptive including using a condom, getting a vasectomy, or getting that ultrasound thingy you're talkin about. I got prego twice without planning it so needless to say, it was smart of me to get my tubes tied.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:13 AM on May. 28, 2010

• No way! New stuff like that scares me. They wont find ot the side effects until its too late.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 10:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Men tend to protect their.......... jewels.I don't think men will stand in line for and ultrasound there.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2010