Wine?

I tried a white wine a couple years ago on new years at a friends house! It was really sweet, and the only wine ive tasted and liked!!! Does anyone know any reasonably priced wine thats SWEET! I cant do the bitter stuff! Every red wine ive tasted could have very well been motor oil!! LoL it was awful to me!!! THANKS!

sweetstkissez22

Asked by sweetstkissez22 at 10:08 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• Ask for Moscatos when you go in to your next Wine Store. Moscato wines are a notoriously sweet white wine. Great with desserts, fruits, cheeses, cream sauces or REALLY simply cooked dishes (seafood, etc)... the wine stands on its own and you want to not overshadow the dish vs. the wine.
    A couple others-
    Check out "Lost Angel"... its price point is $9.99 at most stores (whole foods, etc)....
    another is "Chateau St. Michelle Gewurtztraminer"- it fantastic... also runs around $9.99...
    If you don't mind spending $15- PLEASE PLEASE go try "Seven Daughters"... oh my god its like sex lol- it blends 7 fantastic grapes into this sweet, nutty, buttery complex wine. Worth WAY more than it costs.
    CinnamonScallop

Answer by CinnamonScallop at 4:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I couldn't tell you what it was, but there's a winery near Des Moines, Iowa, that my folks went to last year. They brought home a dozen bottles of wine and we spent our Christmas drinking half of them ;). One was a nice light, sweeter white - THEY don't even remember what it is! But, I really suggest going to a wine tasting, preferrably at a winery, so that you don't buy something you end up not liking! I've yet to find a "grocery store" wine that I like, other than the cheap stuff!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:54 AM on May. 28, 2010

• there are a lot of wines. It depends on what sort of taste you like. If you like super sweet you can try and ice wine (but beware, these are very, very sweet and are normally served as a dessert wine). I would go for a white zinfandel or a basic white table wine. Chardonnay will be more dry and that might turn you off.

If you aren't a wine snob you could start with something more like a wine cooler like Arbor Mist and then explore from there. If you are a wine snob, you can try Caymus Conundrum (runs in the $20-25 range). Don't be turned off from screw tops, you would be surprised how many vinyards are starting to use screw tops. They seal much better than cork.

Anonymous

• Start going to (free) tastings at local wine shops and liquor stores. It is always best to "try before you buy" You can find them here: http://www.localwineevents.com/

Answer by rkoloms at 8:45 AM on May. 29, 2010