Can a photographer add a person to a pic that is not there?

I have no pics of my three kids together, I have my daughters together but not my son with them.
He passed away, and I would like to see if there is anyway someone could add his pic to a pic of my girls.

my4loves3

Asked by my4loves3 at 10:16 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I believe so.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:17 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Yes, you can photo shop them in. Unfourtunately I have know idea how to do it, but I do know it can be done. You may need to get help from a professional. Good luck!!
    skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 10:18 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I have done it before myself, so I know it can be done. Just depends on what software you have. If you go to a professional they should be able to do it pretty easily.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on May. 28, 2010

• A few years ago we had a big family photo ( me and my family, my parents, aunts uncles and cousins - it was a present for my grandma) ...well my aunt had passed away and so they put a picture of her in it..We were all standing in from of a fireplace, and then her picture was put in to look as if it was an actual large picture hanging on the fireplace behind us.... it turned out very nice.... I am not exactly sure how they did it, but the family friend who took the pics does all her photos at CVS...so maybe she was able to do it there ?
    glamomomo

Answer by glamomomo at 10:30 AM on May. 28, 2010

• GIMP- download it, do it yourself for free. it's open source software.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 10:36 AM on May. 28, 2010

• photographer - no
    photo editor - yes

(unless the photographer knows his/her way around a photo editing program like photoshop)
    Anonymous

• Most photographers with good photo editing tools could do so. The best thing to look for is a photo editer or graphic artist to get it done. I've taken people out of photos before as a photographer, you can just as easily add them in if you know what you are doing. The images need to be about the same size and quality for them to look good though (not a close up of one and a full length of another, cell phone picture of one, high res photo of the other etc)
    lasombrs

Answer by lasombrs at 11:10 PM on Oct. 6, 2010