slower learning ability

would someone with a slower learning ability be able to be a LVN/LPN?

my fiance is thinking about going to college for it, but he has a slower learning ability and i was wondering if would impair him too much?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:31 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Money & Work

• well its not imposible but it would harder for him I would think. I am thinking of an LPN program myself and I heard its not easy though just 1 yr!I am CNA though so understand what the job entails
    Anonymous

• Your fiance can ask for accommodations for his learning disability at the college. Each college has a student disability support office. Depending on what his disability is they can provide him with tutors, books on audio, note takers and other services. He should also go to the state vocational rehabilitation office and apply for services. They can assist him with figuring out if being an LPN would be a good career choice for him and what type of assistance he will need in school. They might even be able to help him pay for tuition, books and supplies.

FL2AK

Answer by FL2AK at 1:51 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Nurses need to memorize a lot of information. Contact a community college and see if they offer career aptitude tests.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:30 AM on May. 29, 2010