I DONOT KNOW WHY MY 6 YEAR OLD HAS BEEN WETTING THE BED.

IM GETTING SO ANNOYED WITH MY DAUGHTER WETTING THE BED. USUALLY SHE GETS UP, BUT LATELY SHE HAS BEEN WETTING THE BED. THIS HAS BEEN GOING ON FOR MAYBE 2 OR 3 MONTHS OFF AND ON. SHE IS OLD ENOUGH TO WAKE UP IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT, NO EXCUSES!!! I ASKED HER IF ANYTHING WAS BOTHERING HER AND SHE SAYS NO OR MOMMY YOUR MAKING ME SAD. I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO. ANY IDEAS.

rosesrred1

Asked by rosesrred1 at 10:39 AM on May. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Have you asked how you're making her sad?
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 10:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Really, you shouldn't be getting annoyed or upset with her. If she is not waking up because she is going into a deep sleep or something, then that could be causing it. She could have a medical condition or anything. Wetting the bed is never really the child's fault. Take her to the doctor and see what is causing it.
    lowencope

Answer by lowencope at 10:45 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Some kids take awhile to "grow in" to their bladder,, if she is sleeping hard she can't get the signal to wake up! This isn't her fault,,,so please don't be too hard on her,, I would make an appointment with her doctor,, my friends daughter had the same problem,, and they gave her some medicine to fix it! Humiliation will only make the problem worse,, good luck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 10:50 AM on May. 28, 2010

• thanks i dont mean to be hard on her. i will make an appointment for the doctor.
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 10:59 AM on May. 28, 2010

• also i cant figure out why she just now starting to wet the bed. and she does go into a deep sleep......
    rosesrred1

Answer by rosesrred1 at 11:01 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I think what a lot of the PP fail to miss in this is that it sounds like she hadn't been doing this and just started doing it. Sounds like something could be bothering her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• When my 6y/o has accidents it's because of a change in the routine like he falls asleep before completing the bedtime ritual, or he's extra tired. I also notice it right around growth spurts that could be a reason for the deep sleeps.
    Liansmommie

Answer by Liansmommie at 3:51 AM on May. 29, 2010

• is your dd drinking alot more then usuall? has she lost any weight but seemes to be always hungary?
    my dd is 6 years old as well. and usually she wets the bed maybe once a month. normally either she gets up or i get her up to go. but back in febuary she was constantly wetting. i mean every night. i figured it was because she was drinking alot more then usuall. turned out she has type 1 diabetes. I dont wanna scare u, but if ur dd has any other symptons get her checked out asap.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:58 AM on May. 29, 2010

• My son hadn't had an accident literally since his second birthday then bam about three months ago he started peeing the bed about once a week. The doctor said it was a urinary track infection. He got on antibiotics and is fine now. He said that when big changes are looming kids do this too. My son is nervous about starting Kindergarten at the end of the Summer. Maybe your daughter is nervous about school letting out and having to make new friends and have a new teacher next year. Ask her whats going on.
    Anonymous

• I can't believe you are getting annoyed with her. She's 6. It's not her fault if she doesn't wake up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom. I'm sure she's not doing it on purpose. Why don't you wake her up yourself so she can go in the middle of the night? Or find out if she has any peeing problems... Ask her if it hurts to pee (uti symptoms). If those aren't the case, keep talking to her to find out if anything else is going on. Has anything in her life changed recently? Has she been doing more tiring activities lately? Maybe that's why she's sleeping deeper.
    Nykkii

Answer by Nykkii at 6:34 PM on May. 29, 2010