Why is it that...

women will say things on here that you know they would never do/put up with? a few weeks ago I had a post saying that my boss steals money, sexually harrasses the male employees, changes the schedule after its posted without telling anyone, steals food, constantly leaves us short handed at night so she won't have to work during hte day. She literally spends all day in the office looking at dating websites. Then she takes the all the tips for the day. and there's been twice where she's taken money and siad I messed up the paperwork. I said that I wasn't sure what I should do because everyone wanted to talk to the owners, but she is dh's bestfriends mom and she just gave me hte job. and people told me to just suck it up and get over it. Really? I know that most of the moms on here WOULD NOT work in an environment like this. and many would have walked out already.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:55 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I wouldn't have walked out. I would have gone above her head and reported her.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I had a boss like that and I just started getting other people or other managers to count my drawer never left him alone with it. I would not suck it up or take it I also was hired at a major convenience store where the manager and district manager stole so much they ended up running a sting on the place every week they would send people in to try to get free stuff. I caught on after it was the same guy three times in a row. Suck it up no having been in places like that I would start dropping an anonymous letter or emails to whomever is in charge or go right to them never suck it up when it hurts everyone working there. GL Momma

pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:18 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I agree. A lot of women on here give kind of passive advice. Something just to cool the situation, when you know that they wouldn't do that themselves. It's really silly to give advice that you normally wouldn't do yourself. You want to help the people on here to get their lives into a better position. Whether it's from a baby who won't sleep or a cheating husband, you want to make sure that at the end of the day you gave them your best advice. Even if they don't follow it. And saying "Get over it" when you know you wouldn't get over it is really counter productive.

I personally think that you should go above her head. Talk to the owners and let them know what is happening. Keep a log of everything she steals, every rule/regulation she has broken, and every time she has come in late. Present this after you've talked to the owners, so that they can see what exactly she is doing. Get all the employess (minus boss) in on it.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:58 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Personally I never give the easy answer. I always give the right answer. I enjoy helping others. It is hard to do the right thing people get so emotional. I try to make my point clear and simple. The thing is women are such that they run on emotions. I would either quit that job find another one then quit. I really would need to make sure the right thing is done. If some place I was working had some one being so dishonest I would need to protect the owners investment. I stand up for the right thing.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 10:37 PM on May. 28, 2010