I am so sick of

women on here bashing teen pregnancies!!! I don't neccessarily condone it. It's certainly not something I want for my daughter but if it does happen I will support my child! I got pregnant at 16 and my daughter is the most wonderful child! I must've done something right as a teenage mom!She is health, happy and striving. She has dreams to become a crime scene investigator! She's in several different school clubs including student council and the art club, she's in TAG ( talented and gifted classes) She is now 10 and I am sooo proud of her! Some of these teenagers have no clue what they are doing but dont classify ALL teenagers as too ignorant to raise children!!! I would not go back and change a thing!!!

SWEETPEAS3MOM

Asked by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 10:57 AM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• I know, i agree. I really think that other moms should be more supportive of teenage moms & highfive them for doing the right thing & raising their child. I don't believe that older moms are "better" mothers at all. I think a mom is a mom regardless of age, & a first time baby is a new thing to any woman regardless if you're 16 or 40.

We need to support young moms, not bash them. Highfive to you & your wonderful job as a young beautiful mommy!
    (i was 19 when i had my first)
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I'm with you.I was 19 the first time.But if they are in a bad situation, adoption is a blessing too.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 11:00 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I'm with you. I didn't have my kids til I was in my 20's but frankly, I think I would have been better to have them earlier. I see no reason why teens can't make good parents, they have been for millions of years, now all of a sudden people need someone to be better than and tear down so the teen moms get it... Ridiculous! In many parts of the world a 14yo mom is the norm, so why is it that American teens (who might I add have it SOO much easier than women in those countries) get shit for having babies at 17,18 & 19?? I agree having kids at 14 & 15 adds some complications in out society, but guess what, having kids at 22 added complications...

Get the hell off the teen pregnancies and Get your own life to worry about!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:02 AM on May. 28, 2010

• you would probaby have different views if you had not been a teen mom yourself...you just are for it because you feel that people are putting you down
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I hear ya. Had my daughter when I was 18 and everything went perfectly. I didn't rely on or live with my parents, and I took 100% responsibilty - teens can make just as good mothers as anyone who is over 20.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:03 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Do you think though, that if it becomes a norm in society, where we condone that behavior and people don't make a big deal about it, that girls will think that it's ok....and life will be easy because there is no opposition to kids having kids without a support system such as a job, husband or any real sense of reality????
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• By the way 18 is considered an adult.
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 11:06 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Shay yes she probably does have a different view. It is called a first hand view and knowledge of what it takes. I was 18 almost 19, out of high school, working full time and in college. I think it is ridiculous how all teens are classffied as teen pregnancies even if they are out of school with their diploma and in college. There are many 16 year olds I can think of that would probably do ok and be fine and I can think of 25+ year olds that couldn't handle it. Age has nothing to do with how well you are as a mother, it is the maturity level of the person.
    carmadsmom

Answer by carmadsmom at 11:07 AM on May. 28, 2010

• "Do you think though, that if it becomes a norm in society, where we condone that behavior and people don't make a big deal about it, that girls will think that it's ok....and life will be easy because there is no opposition to kids having kids without a support system such as a job, husband or any real sense of reality????"

Nope. I think there are many women out there who would rather wait until they get older. And FYI - it's already the norm.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I had my daughter at the age of 20, and I honestly don't see anything going different for me if I had her a few years earlier than 20. I worked from the day I turned 15 to buy my own things and I wasn't a big party person. Could not attend college because neither I nor my parents could afford it, but couldn't qualify for any type of financial aid because they said my parents made too much. Now I am a married SAHM and i'm able to get financial aid assistance because of the fact that I have children. I think my kiddos are the greatest thing that have ever happened to me. I wouldn't tell me daughter to go out and get pregnant, and I def plan to have her on BC, but if it were to happen I would be as supportive as I could.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2010