3yr old sleeping habits...

My daughter has recently begun waking up nightly to sleep in our room. She is not allowed to sleep on the bed so she sleeps on the floor, but I would like to get her to stay in her bed all night. Lately it seems like once her father and I turn off the tv and get ready for bed she wakes up instantly. It's like she only wants to sleep in her room if we are awake. Has anyone ever had a similar problem and could give me some advice???

hornz102485

Asked by hornz102485 at 11:04 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Send her back to her room, every time. You have to be consistant
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Zakysmommy is right. Send or bring her back EVERY time - yes you're tired, yes it gets old, but the quicker you nip it in the bud the better.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:13 AM on May. 28, 2010

• We had the same problem. Turned out she didn't like it so quiet so we put a sound machine in her room and she stayed in there. It sounds like you have the same problem since you said she's ready to go to your room when the tv goes off. Or, if you don't mind the extra few dollars on the electric bill, just leave the tv on all night, and she'll never know you went to bed.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:50 PM on May. 28, 2010