This is seriously driving me crazy!! I'm on the verge of crying!

I can't find a bottle that is slow enough for my 3 month old! He uses the Gentlease formula and it's thinner than most of the others. I've tried Drop Ins, Ventaire, Avent, and Evenflo classic. I don't want to use Dr. Brown's because my wallet has already suffered enough and I hand wash all the bottles. He refuses to use the wide base nipples and likes the shape of the Evenflo and Ventaire but it's getting all over his face and clothes. I'm getting super frustrated and I don't know what to do. Someone please help me!

acurran88

Asked by acurran88 at 11:05 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• try the basic walmart brand bottles.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Are you sure you have the slowest-flow nipple? I noticed with my babies that some of them came with a medium flow nipple and I had to buy a slow one. You can also try holding baby in more of a sitting position so the bottle is more level and the formula doesn't come whizzing out as fast.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Oh I can imagine how frustrating that is. Have you tried buying the preemie nipples for those bottles?
    Hope you find one that works for him soon!
    Cafe Chastity

Answer by Cafe Chastity at 11:15 AM on May. 28, 2010

• My daughter used that formula. She had no problem with nipples. Do you use the powder? Try the powder.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:19 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I know you dont want top buy anymore bottles, but the Breastflow bottle is the best one I have ever seen. It has a really soft "outer" nipple, wiht a harder "inner" piece and it takes more force to get the milk out. I use it on all my daycare babies that breastfeed, because the regular bottles flow too fast!
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Try sitting him up more when he eats, instead of laying him down. When you lay the baby down it basically trickles into their throat as they suck on it. Which can cause overflow and sometimes can cause the baby to get too much. If you sit them up, so the bottle isn't pointed straight down into their mouth, you might find that he's getting just what he needs with each sip. That might solve your problem in it getting all over him.

So my suggestion is .. Sit him on your lap sitting up with his head resting on your upper arm or the valley between your arm and torso. Make sure he isn't reclined too much. Then feed him in that manner.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:47 AM on May. 28, 2010

• breastflow is good
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:20 PM on May. 28, 2010