Where to get "family" dolls to match my family?

Anyone know where to get little play-figure style dolls that you can purchase not as a set, but individually as though you want to match your family? ie: One "daddy" doll, a "mommy" doll, a "little boy" doll, a "baby" doll, a "dog" doll, grandma/grandpa, etc.

I'd like to use them for "play therapy". So I need two 'father figures' in order for it to match my son's family. I'd also like to be able to buy additional figures in the future to represent other family members of his.

He's been having some serious outbursts after visitation, and I think it would be helpful for him to just be able to act out what is scaring/frustrating him with the different figures.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:19 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• There is a great "doll"-huggable picture frame that you can make them daddy, mom etc.- out there that hundreds of therapists, psychologists and schools are using for numerous reasons ie: behavior issues, special needs, OT, PT, speech, you name it. I used it for separation issues and discipline and behavior issues. Go to www.huggeemissyou.com. and you will see why it works. They have FREE curriculums for schools and therapists.
    Anonymous

• voodoo.r.us.com
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:20 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I know this is not exactly what you are asking for, but maybe you could buy two different family sets that go with doll houses and put away the dolls that you don't need. If not that maybe try a specialty toy store or online toystore. I know I have seen wooden dolls that go with dollhouse sets that can be purchased seperately online. Maybe at gummylump.com or bigbraintoys.com.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2010

• http://thepioneerwoman.com/homeschooling/2009/12/diversity-my-approach/

These are exactly what you are looking for, but I didn't see a link on where to buy them.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:26 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Ooops. I meant fatbraintoys.com not bigbraintoys.com.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Check into pre-school supply stores ..... "Discount School Supply" and "Lakeshore Learning" are the first ones that come to my mind. I'm not sure if you can buy them indiviually or not thought, so you might wind up buying two sets.
    christyg

Answer by christyg at 11:31 AM on May. 28, 2010

• http://www.lakeshorelearning.com/seo/p%7C845524441761440~~f%7C/Assortments/Lakeshore/ShopByCategory/socialstudies/viewall.jsp

Found this link on the page suggested by mompam. They are super cool, but kind of pricey. About $90 for the full set.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 28, 2010

• http://www.shop4woodendollhouses.com/ryans-room-dollhouse-people.htm that might work. You can buy families and individual dolls.
    Gruntlings

Answer by Gruntlings at 11:46 AM on May. 28, 2010