2 year old apparently misunderstood.

Well now my 2 year old daughter wont let daddy change her anymore. Or see her naked at all for that matter. All because I told her "If a stranger ever asks you to show him/her you'r body you scream and run away." And then I explained what parts are private. Well now Im the only one who can change her, dress her, and bathe her. Daddy cant, grammy cant, aunt cant...only me. Some of you are probably wondering why I would talk to my 2 yr old about this stuff now, well a registered sex offender just rented a house on our street, so I feel safer with her knowing the facts, just incase. But now what do I do? Sometimes it is hard for me to change and dress her because of my back problems.

tiffers32788

Asked by tiffers32788 at 11:25 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Toddlers (1-2)

• awe momma im sorry . at least you know you tought her well. all though i know daddys probably upset but im sure he understands
    yummy_mommy89

Answer by yummy_mommy89 at 11:28 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Well, you need to try to explain to her that a stranger is someone that isn't family. Tell her mommy, daddy, grammy and auntie are all family and they won't hurt her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:38 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Keep talking to her. Say "I told you that if a stranger ever asked you to get undressed for them that you run away and scream. That might be a little confusing right now. I just want you to know that Daddy/Grammy (Etc) want to keep you safe and protect you. They love you very much and would never do anything to hurt you." Just talk to her about how they're not who you were talking about. That they aren't going to hurt her and she shouldn't be scared to change in front of them or be changed by them.
    JazzlikeMraz

Answer by JazzlikeMraz at 11:39 AM on May. 28, 2010

• lol she's a good listener! @ 2 she's not really comprehending the differences, she knows mommy's safe (kinda makes you feel good to know that you're her safe place huh?) talk to her about the differences between family members, friends, strangers that can help if she gets lost (police & store employees, point out their uniforms & name badges while shopping & talk about what she should do if she gets seperated from you), neighbors, & strangers. Realize your neighbor is a sex offender so teach her now its okay to wave to ppl but you don't have to stop & talk to em & NEVER go in ANYONE'S house w/out mommy or daddy. Tell her that some ppl offer candy & lost puppies but that's not her problem & not to take anything from others w/out checking w/ you or daddy 1st. PS sex offenders aren't gonna ask them to see their bodies, educate yourself on the techniques used by offenders & talk to her about these in an age appropriate way.
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 11:51 AM on May. 28, 2010

• *Sigh* I explained to her that family is okay, and that we are all here to keep her safe. She isnt really scared to undress in front of them, she just refuses to. She tells me "not right now mommy, I change later." Then once everyone is out of the room she will come to me to be changed. I kinda feel like maybe I did the wrong thing by talking to her about this? But this sex offender scares me, he is only 2 doors away from us. He looks ragged and dirty, unwashed, and he has only been there a week and there are already beer cans ALL OVER his front law...Im scared in all honesty.
    tiffers32788

Answer by tiffers32788 at 11:52 AM on May. 28, 2010