I'm going to pick the most romantic story... How did you meet your hubby?

Actually, I have to write a book and I need a romantic way for my 2 main characters to meet. :)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:29 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Well minds kinda weird. We are both from GA but I was in Florida for spring break my senoir year. He was in Mississippi with his friends. We both had to come back through Alabama. My sister and I stopped at a gas station and he walked up to us and noticed our truck was leaking break fluid. He fixed it for us in the parking lot and then got my phone number. It turns out we only live about 30 miles apart... and not only that our dads grew up in the same city and were friends in high school (its a small world) We ended up getting married 7 months later. We have now been married 6 years and have 2 wonderful little boys who are 2 and 4 (and are TTC #3). I know it was fate that brought us together.
    laciD

Answer by laciD at 11:33 AM on May. 28, 2010

• online..lol, not too romantic

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:33 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Well, it's far from romantic - I hate romance... But I met my DH because he got a job as a cook in the restaurant I worked at... I though he was hot (as did most of the other ladies there) so we had a competition to see who could sleep with him first... Not only did I win, but after about 3 months of being "just friends" who sleep together, we got a place together... Romance? Not hardly, but that's how I like it.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I met my DH at junior prom. My school had an after party and I had a boyfriend but he was annoying me. As soon as I saw My now Dh I knew I wanted him so I just ignored my boyfriend. Till my Dh started flirting. 2 weeks later we were dating, 2 years later we had our wonderful daughter now 6 years later we are extremely happy and ttc # 2. Not really romantic but nice for me :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I was dating a guy (Jeff) and my car broke down at his mom's house. Jeff calls his friend Jenn, and she picks us up... takes him to work and says "Do you have any plans?" I say no, and we go hang out with her friends. It's September '05, and kinda chilly... so one of the guys (who, btw, I did not find attractive at all!) offers me his work shirt to keep warm (he's a big dude). I politely decline, and even though I thought I'd gotten rid of him, he swore to his friends that he was going to marry me some day. fast forward 10 mos, I find out my bf had gotten some other girl prego while I was out of town (before I left town, actually) and I went hunting for him. I went to where one of his friends worked, and tried locating him that way... the friend wasn't there, but the big guy from the year before was! He said he would pass along the message, if I leave my number, so I did. Wouldn't you know it, he started harrassing me...
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:44 AM on May. 28, 2010

• about going on a date with him, so finally I agreed. Wouldn't you know it, the guy that is TOTALLY not my type... is the sweetest one in the world? We became "official" in Oct of '06, got engaged 2 mos later... we have 2 kids together (plus my one from prev. marriage) and finally tied the knot a month ago!

Crazy part, our families grew up together, my aunt had rented a house from his mom, our dads used to run around together as teens, he was always at my fav uncle's house... we both got our love of pit bulls from said uncle... and our paths never crossed until it was the right time.
    MunchiesMom324

Answer by MunchiesMom324 at 11:47 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I am from NY and he is from France. When I was 21 and he was 23 I went to Greece with some friends. When I was at the airport, leaving for the States, he had just arrived to Greece for business. One friend of mine thought he was really cute so she kept staring at him. When he noticed my group he came to me, held up a key chain and asked "did this use to be yours?"
    I couldn't believe it. He was my childhood penpal. We used to write to each other for years- we started when I was seven and stopped when I was 15-16. When I was 12 I asked him to send me a small Eiffel tower replica and he asked me to send him something from the US. So I sent him that american-flag keychain.
    We exchanged phone numbers and he visited the States 2 weeks later for two weeks. It was the most amazing 2 weeks ever. We stayed in touch and 1 month later he called me from NY and asked me to visit him in his new apartment. The rest is history..!
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 11:48 AM on May. 28, 2010

• It's a long story but I wrote about it in a journal.

http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/1095854/20_years_ago_today

beeky

Answer by beeky at 12:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I was at a club for my friends bday and a guy offers a drink I turn him down. He insist a couple more times that night and my friend realizes he's the GM and wants us to have a hook up so she gives him my number( which I was upset about). He calls me a wk later and I pretty much blow him off for a while until finally I decide to date him. Fast forward a few mths later we are very much the couple and while I'm visiting him at work one night he tells his staff, this is the girl, Ms. Whitedress. The whole staff floods me with stories of the first day I had come to the club and over the walkie talkie he told everyone that he had found his wife in the white dress and he will make sure I am his one day. Fast forward again years later and we have a beautiful dd!!! The staff at his work even made her a shirt that says lil Ms McWhitedress!!! So cute!!!
    ProudMammaMia

Answer by ProudMammaMia at 12:47 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We met back in '89 and went out a few times. He's not the kind of guy that you just forget, but we can't remember how we actually met. We were out with my best friend and her guy the night before I had to leave for the Military. We ended the night at her house and she locked us in the attic. LOL
    I left her house and went into Basic Training. While I was in Basic, I got a few letters from him and a few years ago, he found the letters that I wrote to him.
    Well, 10 years later, I was back living close to my hometown, with a job, a house and my 2 boys. It was the night of my work's Christmas party and I had to leave there early to meet up with my Cousin's Bachelorette party. I walked into the back door of the bar and there was guy standing at the end with a bright yellow ski jacket. He turned around and my jaw about hit the floor.
    We talked until 5:30 that morning and then Sunday when he was heading home...continued...
    jucyfrut

Answer by jucyfrut at 1:12 PM on May. 28, 2010