does taking a hot shower help sunburns?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:32 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• cool shower
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 11:33 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Not a HOT shower, but a cool shower or bath. Also you can put Noxema or sunburn jel on the burn after the shower and lots of Vitamin E lotion! That helps prevent peeling.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 11:35 AM on May. 28, 2010

• I would think a hot shower would hurt it! A cool shower would be better. Also, put a bottle of Aloe in the fridge. It feels good on a sunburn to put it on cold.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:39 AM on May. 28, 2010

• Never, ever hot or cold!
    Lukewarm.
    If you feel like the water is burning you, turn it down. If you start to shiver, turn it up.
    Be sure to drink a lot of water, too, because you have become dehydrated from being sunburned, too.

I've suffered through so many sunburns, I feel like a pro at them. They aren't fun :(
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:45 PM on May. 28, 2010