Clinton did it?

So, they are going to say Bill Clinton was the one who "mentioned" a possible job to Sestack if he dropped out of the Senate race.
Fuuny, I really would not have considered Bill Clinton "someone in the whitehouse" anymore. After all Joe did say someone in the whitehouse offered him a job. hmmmmmm
Do you think it's believable?

itsmesteph11

Asked by itsmesteph11 at 11:32 AM on May. 28, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No, it's not believable.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 11:54 AM on May. 28, 2010

• "The White House asked former President Bill Clinton to talk to Rep. Joe Sestak about the possibility of obtaining a senior position in the Obama administration if he would drop out of the Democratic primary race against establishment-backed Sen. Arlen Specter, the Obama administration said in a report released Friday morning."

I didn't know the White House could talk...  The WHO that told Clinton to do this, IF, this is what actually happened, was a direct representative of this administration, so???

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/05/28/white-house-asked-clinton-urge-sestak-drop-senate-race/

agentwanda

Answer by agentwanda at 12:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• No.
    Anonymous

• Critics say the Sestak job offer may have violated the part of the U.S. code that says: "Whoever, directly or indirectly, promises any employment, position, compensation...appointment...provided for or made possible in whole or in part by any Act of Congress...to any person as consideration, favor, or reward for any political activity...or in connection with any primary election ...shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than one year, or both."

LOL, they are circleing the wagons.  This one of the most asinine things I have heard come out of this administration.  Do they really think that anyone buys this bunch of bologna? 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I don't buy it. I don't care how pretty they wrap it up, it doesn't feel right.
    29again

Answer by 29again at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I've seen 2 different articles now say that Bill did it at the request of Rahm...wonder if they're looking for an excuse to cut him loose?
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Seems like a game of Hot Potato to me.
    MunchMunch

Answer by MunchMunch at 2:42 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I don't buy it either. I'm trying to figure out why they did what they did to be honest. The Republican candidate (Toomey I believe) could have beaten Specter rather easily from what I saw on the news. However Sestack has a good chance of winning the seat. Why not place your bet on the horse more likely to win?
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 3:08 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We have BIGGER problems in the US than this! One republican turn democrat or another democrat who gives a damn!
    Anonymous

• Don't you know? It's *always* the other guy. I'm only shocked that they didn't find a way to blame this Sestack mess on Bush. ;)

Any time someone stands in frotn of a microphone and says "I have no comment at this time, we'll be releasing a statement shortly" you can translate that to mean, "We're spinning things so I can cover my ass and until I know exactly which way we want to spin so I'm sure we'll all in the same direction I'll let you know." Or "We're trying to figure out which meaning of *is* we want to use today." Blah, blah, barf.

why is anyone surprised (or in denial?) This is Chicago politics at its best. Back room deals, and "I can make it worth your while" offers. The supporters can brush this off is not surprising but still sickening to me. It's illegal. It's wrong. It's corrupt and it comes from the guy promising "hope, change and transpancey"
    Anonymous