I need some serious help here.

Ok, so I did something really stupid. My husband's job took him away for 20 days-he's coming back on Sunday. I did something awful last night. I run into my ex-the first guy I had ever been with. We got together when I was in high school and were together for 6 years. We broke up because he moved away to Australia. Anyway, I run into him last night and, no idea how it happened, but we almost slept together. I don't know what do to and how to deal with it. How do I tell hubby? I really have no idea how it happened.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:00 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• You need to stay away from the ex from now on..now phone calls, no hanging out. Would you want to know if your husband did this too you. Very hard situation. Idont know what to tell you
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:02 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My ex and I hadn't seen each other for 6 years. He is just visiting NY and he's going back to Australia so we don't hang out, we don't chat, nothing.
    Anonymous

• were you drinking? alcohol makes it easier for you to act on those hidden desires. stay away from this guy, no phone calls, no email, etc. Did you marry your hubby bc you couldn't be w/ this guy? Do you want to be w/ him or your hubby? Explore your feelings & figure out why you did what you did...are you bored? lonely? in love w/ this guy? etc before talking to your hubby. Decide what you want, him or this other guy before, its not fair to string him along if you don't want him. If you don't want the other guy then stay away!
    Nyx7

Answer by Nyx7 at 12:06 PM on May. 28, 2010

• OP here. The other guy lives in Australia so I'm never seeing him again and I want to be with my husband. We have been together for 6 years and I am still madly in love with him and I know for a fact his is too. And we have something amazing that I know I ruined last night. I was drinking but I only had a vodka, I wasn't drunk.
    Anonymous

• Since u didn't sleep w/him keep this to yourself.
    melissa142

Answer by melissa142 at 12:34 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would tell my husband,, But that's just me..
    Ren_Ren

Answer by Ren_Ren at 12:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Ordinarily, I don't promote keeping secrets, but I see no reason to tell him. *Almost* is not the same as *did*. You're never going to see this guy again. Just make sure there's no contact whatsoever, no phone calls, e-mails, texts, nothing. Figure out what made you do that last night (drinking, loneliness, boredom, etc.) and eliminate that cause from your life.

The ONLY way I recommend telling him about this is if you don't want to be with him anymore. If you decide that you want this other guy, or that you just don't want to be with your husband anymore, then I suppose telling him could not only help that happen, but might make you feel better. But otherwise...don't make him feel bad just to make yourself feel better.

Good luck!
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 12:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• OP HERE

I see what you're saying but I would like to tell him. I just don't know how. We really don't have any secrets and I don't want to change that. He's a very honest man and he expects the same of me. And I really respect him for being so honest, I don't want to have any secrets from him. How do I tell him though?
    Anonymous

• You sit him down and just come out with it.
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 1:18 PM on May. 28, 2010

• If You are a married women then You need to stay away from Your ex because if Your husband found out then You would lose a lot of His trust!
    From2to3

Answer by From2to3 at 2:12 PM on May. 28, 2010