If you homeschool, where do you do school?

At the kitchen table? A special schooling room? Living room? Everyone in their own room?

Laura2U

Asked by Laura2U at 12:05 PM on May. 28, 2010 in

• We do school in the livingroom table.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:06 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Sometimes at a card table in the living room if we are working on something that we need a lot of space for. Or in our "school room" at her desk. Sometimes at the park, library, starbucks, or in the backyard at the picnic table.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:21 PM on May. 28, 2010

• kitchen table. If my child want their "own" space they go to their room and work at their desk. For reading it's on the living room couch or on my bed. (That includes times where they read to me). They also have been known to go lay in their bed and read. We also have done schooling at the library and at the local park. Going to the park is our favorite because it's near my husband's work and he can join us for lunch. The kids then get to "play with daddy" at lunch time and they get to play on the playground equipment or hike in the woods when schooling is done. Hiking is one of their favorite things to do, they like to keep an eye out for deer. We have been lucky enough to have spot deer, including baby deer, several times through the year on our little hikes.
    SAHMinIL2

Answer by SAHMinIL2 at 1:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Our homeschooling "center" is in the dining room. That's where their backpacks, books, lesson materials, and craft supplies are kept. We homeschool wherever the kids are comfortable: dining table, bedrooms, living room, family room, computer desk, even outdoors when the weather is nice.
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:46 AM on May. 29, 2010

• Kitchen table. We have a desk area where their things are and their books, but we always seem to congregate in the kitchen. I think it's b/c they usually start getting their stuff out while I'm still cleaning up breakfast and they always want to be right near me to see what's going on.
    tennisgal

Answer by tennisgal at 9:28 PM on Jun. 17, 2010