i need a break but i feel guilty if i ask for help

i'm a sahm with my 2 kida ALL DAY well my baby isn't sleeping well at night and is very clingy during the day. when my mom works i keep my nephew for her now that he is out of school so getting p at 6 am to watch him after no sleep with the baby and i have a 3 y/o is exhausting...why do i feel guilty asking her to keep my kids for an hour or two the days she is off so i can take a nap? i need some sleep b/c i'm going crazy! can't nap with the kids b/c my 3 y/o don't nap HELP

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:08 PM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• dont feel guilty. if you need a break you should just tell someone. that's a lot to handle everyday, anyone would need a break. i would take an afternoon. take a nap and a shower and eat a meal without kids. it can bring back your sanity so you can do it all again tomorrow.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:12 PM on May. 28, 2010

• it's normal to feel that way, but you do need a break, for real. so ask her or someone else to keep them for a few hours and take a nap. you will feel so much better.
    mandielynn23

Answer by mandielynn23 at 12:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Everyone needs a day off. I'm a SAHM too so I know how you feel. Try not to feel guilty about just needing so you time. I actually just asked my husband if once a week he could watch the baby so I can get out for a couple of hours. It doesn't make you a bad mom. It means you are only human. It's tough work, thought some may beg to differ.

Go out, have a little fun, and don't fell guilty. Trust me, it's needed <3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 12:58 PM on May. 28, 2010