Bare Minerals?

I have rosacea, and have never worn makeup, but I was recently told by a couple of people with the same condition that it helped improve their skin.

Any experience w/ bare minerals, even if you DON'T have rosacea?

ObbyDobbie

Asked by ObbyDobbie at 12:12 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• I didnt like it. Since its all powders it doesnt cover up any flaws, and it made my skin look really dry. I dont think I have rosacea, but my cheeks always have a little red on them, but i didnt use it long enough to see results. its not worth it in my opinion. maybe try eucerin, they came out with a line for rosacea.
    BrittanyD07

Answer by BrittanyD07 at 12:25 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Have tried it ALL. You have no Idea. I have been battling it for 3 years, and have been on so many medications to try to help, it is fairly severe, and I get secondary infections VERY easily- especially when I use any form of moisturizer.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:27 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I had rosacea years ago; was prescribed everything under the sun but nothing rid it completely. It was only once I started doing less to my face and started using natural products that it went away. This led me to believe that what may initially be seen as rosacea is really just reactions to products that contain too many chemicals known to be irritating to the skin.

I did try Bare Minerals years ago; it was an absolutely awful product.
    Anonymous

• Anon- That is just it, I have ALWASY used very gentle, fragrance free, natural products (my favorite is an Olive Oil Goats Milk Soap). This is hereditary, and most definitely has been agitated by products that were proscribed to HELP it. I can't use anything petroleum based, which is almost EVERYTHING on the market.

The secondary infects are leaving me disfigured, literally building massive scar tissue. I can't use regular makeup because it ALL contains some form of petroleum product... I don't even look like ME anymore, and I have never worn makeup- so this is all new to me.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:45 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i have just started bare minerals in the last month..i went to an ulta store and they done a free partial makeover..they will do a whole makeover for 30...but anyway i have small broken red bloodvessels around my nose and under my eyes/.you can really see the ones under my eyes and the makeup covered it..and it does not rub off halfway thru the day like regular makeup..plus it has helped alot with my monthly acne..they have trial kits for around 60 or you can just buy foundation and get them to show you how to use it..good luck
    jorjiegirl

Answer by jorjiegirl at 8:10 PM on Jun. 3, 2010