Any advice?

I could just cry right now. Due to some very stupid technicalities, my former insurance refused to cover my pregnancy, so I was forced to apply for pregnancy medicaid. It took 5 weeks for that to go through. Then, I was told MY Dr. couldn't see me because she had too many births scheduled for the month that I'm due. Now, I can't find a Dr. that will accept me as a patient, either because I have medicaid, or because I'm too far along (17 weeks). I'm at my wits end. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:16 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Your medicaid should have sent you a provider directory. If they didn't, try and search for it online.

By the way, this a load of bullcrap. You shouldn't have to jump through freaking hoops to get medical care.
    makelineerror

Answer by makelineerror at 12:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Call your case worker, explain the situation, and ask for a list of providers- you shouldn't be getting turned down for care because you're too far along or there's too many women having babies that month. I'd complain, personally- to the doctor, to anyone who would listen. But that's just me being psycho and hormonal from pregnancy.
    preacherskid

Answer by preacherskid at 12:54 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Wow, if you've been doctoring with the same person so far in your pregnancy, they canNOT turn you away because they have too many births in the same month - that's bullcrap and a runaround for whatever crap she's biased about. Call your caseworker and tell them what's going on. I'm sorry you're going through all that.
    Anonymous