help me

my 5 year old is in kindergarten and she came home today her arms and face are broke out in what looks like hives but she said all she ate was a popsicle what could it be she said it is alittle itchy but doesnt hurt what is good for that? Man it sucks!! It is just on her arms and cheeks

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 12:22 PM on May. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• ZInc Oxide or Chamomile will help...I prefer the zinc oxide though, its less messy,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Scedule appointment with allergologist ASAP.
    It is defenetly allergy and you need to find out what she is allergic for. ( I am a mother of very allergic son ).
    Good lack.

laygla

Answer by laygla at 2:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would have immediately given my child an over the counter allergy medicine for children to help reduce the swelling or rash. This will help with the itchiness too. Allergies to foods can be a big deal depending upon the child.
    CafeMochaMom1

Answer by CafeMochaMom1 at 5:52 PM on May. 28, 2010