Do you give your kids free reign of the fridge or do they have to ask to get something?

Laura2U

Asked by Laura2U at 12:22 PM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• Definately not!! They have to ask...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My 2nd daughter is 5 and has to ask. My 11-year-old daughter has free reign of the fridge.
    Anonymous

• My daughter doesn't have to ask. She's 5.
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• He can have whatever he wants. There's nothing in there he can't have.

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My kids are really young, so they can't really reach the fridge yet. But once they are older they will have free range, sure... We always did.

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 12:26 PM on May. 28, 2010

• when she is hungry she comes up to me and says mom lets go look and see what we have.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• he always has to ask. He gets breakfast and then knows he is allowed to have 1 snack before lunch so he will usually go in the fridge and ask if he can have something. Then we do lunch..and he is allowed a snack after lunch...and usually one after dinner. How could anyone get their child to eat meals if they gave them free reign of the fridge?
    shay1130

Answer by shay1130 at 12:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My older kids know what is/isn't allowed between meals - so they're allowed to go into the fridge for what they want. If they want anything that isn't on the "approved list" (yogurt, fruit, and water) then they ask.

Answer by missanc at 12:30 PM on May. 28, 2010

• unless they are getting their water bottle they have to ask.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 12:31 PM on May. 28, 2010

• wow. Well my son is only two but when he is older he will have free range. now my foster mom use to have a lock on the fridge and snacks in her bedroom closet between meals we were only allowed water. And one snack at night if she said ok.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:39 PM on May. 28, 2010