help me

my 5 year old is in kindergarten and she came home today her arms and face are broke out in what looks like hives but she said all she ate was a popsicle what could it be she said it is alittle itchy but doesnt hurt what is good for that? Man it sucks!! It is just on her arms and cheeks

proudmom34

Asked by proudmom34 at 12:22 PM on May. 28, 2010 in General Parenting

• childrens benadryl
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• sounds like an allergic reaction to some food, take her to dr asap!! my kids have numerous allergies like that
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Was it a red popsicle? some kids react to the food coloring.
    BlooBird

Answer by BlooBird at 12:27 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Call the dr.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:30 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Call the school and ask what kind what color etc etc and than call the DR!
    delilahsmom1177

Answer by delilahsmom1177 at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It could be 5th's disease. My DD had it a couple weeks ago, her rash started that suddenly too. Nothing you can do about it though, but if it is that, and she's been near any pregnant women, they need to get to their docs ASAP.
    Anonymous

• I'd call the school and find out what it was that she ate. Then I would call and get her in to see the doctor.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 3:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Yep, give the Benadryl, then call the doctor and ask to be referred to the allergist. They'll see what she's allergic to. It's not a fun visit, but awesome to know what makes your kids ill.
    Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:04 PM on May. 29, 2010