My 7-month old daughter is getting rash around her eyes. What to do?

Her pediatrician said not to worry but I think it bothers my baby and it definitely bothers me. One day it goes away and the next it's back. Did anyone have similar problem? What causes those red spots? I was monitoring her reaction to certain foods it didn't help. It seemed like one day the food could be the cause for rash but the next day she was eating it and was fine...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had that a few years ago and it turned out to be excema. I was prescribed a cream that cleared it right up.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:06 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Did his pediatrician say what could be causing it? How long has this been happening?

If it were me, I would make another appointment or switch pediatricians.

I hope it goes away soon<3
    amberdawnbarr

Answer by amberdawnbarr at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Your pedi didn't give you any reasons as to what the cause might be? If it continues for a few more days, call the pedi again.
    mypreciousbabe

Answer by mypreciousbabe at 5:23 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Thanks for the advice. The pediatrician just said that her skin is very sensitive and that is a reaction to something, probably detergent I'm washing her clothes with...but I've been using Dreft since the day she was born...I would say the whole thing is going on for a couple of weeks and during this time I've been hearing from her doctor not to worry...no point in going back since she obviously doesn't see the problem
    Ania1010

Answer by Ania1010 at 7:38 PM on May. 28, 2010