Magicians hat cupcake cake

I need to know how to make on i have googled it but i cannot find the right one can someone please help me out... thanks!

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Food & Drink

• I'm not quite sure what you have in mind, but to make magician's hats I would not use cupcakes since they are not shaped long and skinny. Instead, take a swiss roll (snack cake) and cut in half. Use a little frosting to attach to a chocolate wafer cookie, cut side down. Now you have a top hat. For the ribbon band around the hat, take some red fruit roll ups and cut into thin strips that are cut to the length you need to wrap around the swiss roll. You could also make the ribbon using red frosting and just pipe it on. If you don't have a piping bag, put your frosting in a ziploc baggie (gallon freezer bags work best) and snip off a little at the corner. Make your hole small, and practice a little on parchment paper before you start working on your hats. If you can't find chocolate wafer cookies, use a Nilla wafer and then cover the whole thing in melted chocolate.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 6:55 PM on May. 31, 2010