I NEED HELP ANSWERS PLEASE 2ND TIME POSTING -Is this depression?? What should I do living a miserable life with my husband he treats me like _____?

My life with my husband is getting worse everyday I am 20 yrs old I have a baby boy and I am 5 months pregnant. My husband keeps treating me like shit he tells me am not worth nothing that I am a bad wife that I don't take care of him just because he wants me to have sex with him after he calls me all the names you could imagine .. HOE SHIT ETC.... And its not going to be like that he is constanly telling me that his paying all the bills because am not working and telling me all the ofenses they are out there.. I just can't take it I dont know what to do I can't stop crying and I am scared of my self all this ofenses and yelling sometimes make me thing what could work so I just don't be in this world no more but then I think about my son that I love with all my heart and it makes me feel worse I just feel like I am everything he tells me every day a miserable bitch. What can I do I need help advice anything but help me..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:28 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• that's called verbal abuse, and when someone does that to you it often leads to depression. he is trying to "break you" to be a better wife. you should leave. things will look up as long as he is not there to tear you down.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 12:31 PM on May. 28, 2010

• That is emotional abuse. My suggestion, based on personal experience, is that it does not get better with a man like that, only worse. If you are not married. LEAVE, if you are and are willing to try, you will have to believe in YOU and know that everything he says in a lie, designed to bring you down so he can control you. Counseling can only do so much for someone like that.
    ObbyDobbie

Answer by ObbyDobbie at 12:31 PM on May. 28, 2010

• My abusive jerk x used to do that to me too. I went in to a shelter just to rest and not hear his mouth run. Can you go somewhere to take a break?

Answer by admckenzie at 12:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I think you should leave. there is no reason anyone should be treated like that!!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:32 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I could go to a shelter but I am just scared.. My son loved him his a great father but he treats me like shit, he even compares me with his ex wife that she was better in bed that she was better in this or that its just so hard.....
    Anonymous

• It doesnt matter if he is a good dad...he needs to teach his son how to treat a woman. He is not doing that! You have one life to live and you shouldnt have to live it being abused! Do you have family to go to?
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:38 PM on May. 28, 2010

• First of all, he should not be talking to you like that EVER, for any reason! This is your husband? That is NOT a husband, there is NO excuse for this behavior on his part! It all circles back around to abuse! No matter how you twist this, it is not your fault, you are pregnant, you are NOT a terrible person, or wife! There is alot going on with your body right now and it sounds like to me that there is no respect for you or the baby or your son! I hate to say it but most of the time when a person is set in their ways at this age chances of them changing right away or at all are really slim. It can happen, but he has to WANT to change and be there for his family. Sounds like he is the one depressed and angry! Either you have 2 choices, work on it together...not one sided, he has to be willing or you just need to leave for a while, until he gets his crap together or is just HONEST with his feelings about what he really wants!
    JCstruegirl

Answer by JCstruegirl at 12:39 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Nooo I have no family to go to.. All my family lives far.
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with the above posts that is emotional abuse and no one should be treated like that by anyone. My suggestion , and this comes from personal experience too, would be to sit him down when its the best oppertunity to do so and tell him he needs to stop or your going to pack up your son and leave. If he says he will give him a time frame to do it or at least make an effort but also have a backup plan in place in case he says no or gets violent. Also if you do want to work it out I would suggest counceling for at least you if he won't go as well. Best of luck to you !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 12:40 PM on May. 28, 2010

• this is verbal abuse. It is hard to press charges against him for that, however there are plenty of help lines to call, and places, like shelters, you can go to, or family members home, etc. verbal abuse will sometimes turn physical, and it sounds like you both haven't been married for more than a few years, so it wouldn't surprise me if that eventually showed up down the road. I would definitely leave him.

Abuse of any kind, physical or verbal, is never healthy. It's not your fault, and is not safe for you to be around, nor is it safe for your children. After sometime the abuse will move from you to the children. My only suggestion is to leave by any means possible.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:05 PM on May. 28, 2010