what to get my dd for her b/day from her grandparents?

my parents are the type that they rather give money than to pick out something bc you never know if people are going to like it anyway they sent her 50.00 dollars (she will b 7 yrs.)
oh and they live 12 hours away.
should I just buy lots of clothes she has. Enough toys. We have a pool she just loves being in there.
Thanks ladies for your input ;)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:35 PM on May. 28, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would put it into a Bank account for her & when she really wants/needs something then she can buy it for herself. Money is always the best gift & it's never too early to save for college:)

ILovemyPaulie

Answer by ILovemyPaulie at 12:44 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Take her to Justice. Let her pick it out. My 7 year old LOVES that store! They have cute clothes, and also shoes, toys and all girly things. They are having a 40% off sale now.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 12:54 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would let her choose what she wants to spend the money on, it is her money and she is beginning to be at that age where she can decide what she wants. Maybe let her pick out an outfit, and a toy, or choose an event to take her to, such as a movie she longs to see, or a trip to the zoo, etc.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 12:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Take her to her favorite store, tell her how much she has to spend, and let her go (not alone of course, but stay with her to whichever sections she wants to shop in). It's what I did w/Ki on her 5th birthday with the gift card her grandmother gave her. She was thrilled to get what she wanted. She picked a dress, pair of shoes, movie, play golf clubs, and a pack of socks. She spent it well. I've noticed that most kids do when given the chance.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:03 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Start a savings account and teach her how to be smart with money, not spend it on frivilous things she doesn't need.
    Laura2U

Answer by Laura2U at 2:45 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Savings bond. Don't waste it on something she doesn't need. There may be a day when she wants something expensive (like a car) and all the money you save for her might help buy what she really wants

Answer by admckenzie at 2:08 PM on May. 29, 2010