Why are men attracted to men hunters?

In response of the Beware of the Husband Hunter, I wonder why men are attracted to these toxic women anyway?

I am recovering from a twenty year rejection from my dad (he left my mom- preg with 2nd child- for a married women when I was only two), and was reading a book about parental abandonmentship. The book says that many men are irresponsible and greedy- need deeper explanation. (My sister and I are still struggling with the parental abandonment in our mid-life years. I found out that this is a life long struggle for identity.)

I know that a lot of men are just running away from married life initially (kids included), (1) but why don't they see what these vicious gold-diggers are all about & (2) why don't these men think about consequences?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:39 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• Good question. I am always baffled when a man will leave his wife and kids for a woman who has kids already. Most of the time she is not even close to being as pretty as the wife. I don't know. I would love to see the other responses. Maybe someone has more experience with this situation.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 12:45 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Because they are easy.
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 12:46 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Because these women are the perfect predator.. they make themselves as irresistable as possible to attract their prey to them and then they strike....
    BriHan06

Answer by BriHan06 at 12:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Because most men think with the wrong head.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:29 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Because these women are expert ego boosters. Men are constantly looking for someone to baby them (like their moms) and make them feel like they are all that. That goes away after awhile in most marriages and of course this is their fault too because they also stop being romantic toward their wives as well. I'm not saying it's okay to abandon your family, but some men are just really selfish and can't deal with the sameness. Someone new comes along and strokes their ego and they go for it.
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:46 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Men need affirmation and praise. These women know that and they provide it and fill his head with thoughts that his wife doesn't appreciate him like she does and yada, yada, yada. When you are just thinking about right now, it's easy to get swept up in an affair. When you stop and think EVERYTHING and the big picture, you realize it's just a temporary fix to a lifelong problem.
    Anonymous

• Exactly, BriHan...they are easy to attain. The guy wants sex, gets sex. But these types of relationships don't typically last because she's onto someone else or he is. They make a guy feel good, he plays into it. But she's already given out everything and left no mystery and that wears off.
    Anonymous