before your child was born did you ever hope that they would have more of your features or more of your dh's features? which features did you hope for and did you get what you wanted?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:51 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• All I hoped for was that she would get my husband's mouth, since my lips are almost non-existent. She ended up w/a mix of the two, they aren't quite as big as his, but you can still tell she has them.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 12:52 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Lol yes, I hope he had his eyes and hair. But my nose and ears because my husband has a big nose and big ears. So far I don't think so, but he hasn't really grown into features yet so we will see.
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 12:53 PM on May. 28, 2010

• We had problems conceiving and I was just so happy to be pregnant I really never thought about who's features he was going to have. When I was 38 weeks along I started having some problems and they did a ultra sound. My husband pointed out my sons chin and said it looked just like mine. When he was born, he did have my chin. I was really tickled pink because everyone pointed it out.
    Anonymous

• Let's see. I hoped that she would have my husband's dark blue eyes, his dark hair, and his lips (he gets compliments on his lips all the time). I also hoped she would have his skin tone. He tans beautifully. I didn't really care if she had my features, except that I wanted her to have my nose instead of his.

What did we get? She has his eyes and lips, and is otherwise an exact copy of me as a child. Blonde curly hair and all. She is perfect in every way.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 12:55 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I have always wanted a little girl with dark skin. I think that it is one of the most beautiful looks of all. I have light skin and I have never really liked it. Anyway, my husband has dark skin and I tease him all the time that that is the only reason why I married him lol. Anyway, out of 5 kids we only have one who is dark skinned and she is beautiful I also love his eyes, and my daughter looks just like him. On the other hand both our sons look just like me, where I wish at least one looked like him. Anyway, they are all beautiful in one way or another, and people are always telling me that all my kids are very good-looking. They got the best from both of us.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 12:56 PM on May. 28, 2010

• When I found out I was having a girl I actually wanted her to look like my husband because he and his sister look very much alike and his sister is one of the most girgeous women I have ever seen. So I hoped for the baby to look like my dh so she would actually look like my sil lol! And yeah, my daughter looks nothing like me. :)
    pipermomofash

Answer by pipermomofash at 12:56 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I wanted them to have red hair like me, but none of them do. Our oldest has dark brown, our youngest has blond and the middle one has blond on one half and brown on the other half, basically right down the middle of his head.
    The older two have the gap between their front teeth like me, the youngest doesn't. The youngest and oldest look more like me and our middle child looks just like daddy.
    I am happy they look like both of us :D
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:58 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i hoped my son lars wouldn't get my eyes nor his father and he has hazel. how lucky was i. i wish i would have daugther that looked more like me so far they both look like their fathers. bummer
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 1:00 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I wasn't so much looking for either of us, but my mom died right before I found out I was pregnant, so I hoped he'd have some of hers. He got her eyes, and the rest is mainly DH/DH's side.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 1:03 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I hoped they would have hubby's black hair and fair skin and my blue eyes. No luck oldest daughter has light brown hair, blue eyes and naturally tanned skin//second daughter dark brown hair brown eyes and naturally tanned skin//third daughter has light brown hair, blue eyes and tannish skin she is only 15 m so we will see. My oldest son is my bio child hubby adopted him and he looks just like me, second son is adopted but, looks exactly like hubby when he was a child.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:04 PM on May. 28, 2010