Serious answers only please! Is $3500 too much

For a children's customized play house?
If you have done one for your children what did you pay and who did you get it through?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• No it is not too much, we hare ordering one from Homeplace Structures for about $3000. The quality is awesome and you get what you pay for.
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 2:24 PM on May. 28, 2010

• If I had the money I would do it... It doesn't sound like too much...
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:57 PM on May. 28, 2010

• yes it is. i have seen one on craig that was 12x10 by 8tall wtih full kitchen and play washer and dryer with shingled roof porch etc for just a $1000 i also saw a 2 story victorian with fake stone on the front, singles paned windows with wrap around roof for the same price. they are both to big for my yard but i fell in love with the victorian when i saw it. it even had an ac unit and lights etc. gorgeous. does this $3500 have all this?
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:57 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i meant wrap around porch and balcanoy. not wrap around roof.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 12:59 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I think that is way too much. Your kids might not even end up playing in it. I don't think my kids would. You'd be better off getting a nice swingset for that price. They would use it for years.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:03 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I think it is too much, In fact I was on-line last night looking at crooked houses, which are customized play houses. They are so cute, but the money could go to so many other more important things.
    cherylw993

Answer by cherylw993 at 1:08 PM on May. 28, 2010

• You can get floor plans for play houses and built it yourself for way less than 3500.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• just build one yourself- it would be WAY cheaper...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:14 PM on May. 28, 2010

• well it is all what quality you want. we got my son a cheaper swingset/playhouse.. after 2 yrs it is showing wear badly and i wish we would have bought a rainbow system. if you have the money buy a good one.. that is a going rate (3500) for those things. they are so cute and only you know how much your kids will play with it.. and you can always do stuff to make it new again and keep they playing with it buy adding new toys or hanging chalkboards inside...
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:16 PM on May. 28, 2010

• But really, how many years will they use a playhouse? Definitely not past 6. Sounds like a waste of money to me. Then you are stuck with this huge unused thing in your yard.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 1:26 PM on May. 28, 2010