So my friend says "I don't listen to n**** music"

Two friends and myself are discussing lecture notes at my house while listening to music, usher in fact and jay-z comes on next. my friend says "I don't listen to n***a music" too be honest I'm insulted and I think it's stupid because we were just listening to a black singer so what's the difference, just because jays is rapping?? Anyway I am Hispanic but it still is insulting and just wrong. I hate mentality but I think my friends are awesome.....what would you do?? Say something? Leave it alone?

ProudMammaMia

Asked by ProudMammaMia at 1:07 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• Yes! What Sabrina said! You have to stand up for what is right, and be careful what and who you bring into your home and your life. People like that are ignorant and with all the hate that is already in the world, do not add to it by ignoring it or allowing it especially in your home. You are hispanic, so am I, you know how much ignorance and hate can affect the world.
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 1:16 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I would say, "Do not ever use that word in my home again!"
    peace1234

Answer by peace1234 at 1:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• well- I don't listen to rap or any of that either- but I don't call it that- how rude!
    I would maybe take a vote to see what everyone would like...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 1:11 PM on May. 28, 2010

• they are in your home either change it or don't.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 1:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Personally, I would have looked her dead in the eye and said: "I don't allow hate and ignorance in my house, not get out." Then I would have grabbed her shit and through it out the door...

NO ONE talks like that in my house! NO ONE! It's ignorant and hateful... And I will not waste my time or energy to be a part of a friendship with someone like that...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 1:13 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i would say something. if your friends are awesome then they will understand.
    Ericha7

Answer by Ericha7 at 1:18 PM on May. 28, 2010

• i actually think that is hillarious... i would tell the person that i dont use that word and dont want to hear it .. but respect their taste in music -- because that sh*t sucks!
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 1:18 PM on May. 28, 2010

• sabrina said it!!!!
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 1:22 PM on May. 28, 2010

• First of all how come black people can call themselves that word but God Forbid anyone else says it???? Think about it. Believe me I am speaking from first hand experience. If I heard a small child say it, it would bother me but not adult women, that's what the music is.
    Anonymous

• the difference is usher doesn't constantly say the word "nigga" in his songs. rappers like jay-z create the lable of "n***** music" by saying the word so often in their songs. i don't want to hear that word repeated 20 times in my life let alone in one song. your friend didn't say "i don't listen to black artists" she used the same term as the rappers to discribe the music. if it's so offensive, why do they say it...TO DESCRIBE THEIR OWN PEOPLE?
    Anonymous