How do you deal with a husband that ignores you?

I am recently married this is my second marriage and i have two children from first. My partner does not know how to have a conversation without yelling and most of the time ignores me entirely. I am so lonely and sad... any advice here? I am an attractive, intelligent girl but not feeling like much of either at this time:(

falynn

Asked by falynn at 1:24 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• I'm married second time too.He yells way too much too.He didn't in the begining, but now he is a grouch.All I know is why my husband yells.He doesn't know how to say "This happened today and it made me so mad" We women are good aat iit. Men aren't.Most men like to pretend nothing is wrong. or are mad about this and find something else stupid to get mad about.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 1:28 PM on May. 28, 2010

• counseling

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 1:30 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Did he do this before you married? If not, his change of behavior would make me tell him "this isn't working and if you don't fix it then I'm out of here"

Answer by admckenzie at 1:33 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Is the yelling just a personality or cultural thing? Because I know that when people come across my family they are a bit scared at first (we are brazilian with italian ancestry) because we talk really loud and it almost seems like we're fighting but we're not. The second thing is....could he be ignoring you because you have communicated to him that you don't like the way he converses with you.
    I'm not saying its okay to yell...but is he doing it at you or is that just how he talks?
    moniquinha

Answer by moniquinha at 1:36 PM on May. 28, 2010

• you need to sit him down and tell him how you feel. if he starts yelling tell him that is one of your biggest problems.
    jennifer588

Answer by jennifer588 at 1:37 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Sounds like my husband, when hes going off about something just turn to him and calmly tell him that you won't talk to him untill he can talk to you in a normal voice and the turn around and go back to whatever you were doing. As for the ignoring part when my husband does that I go about my day and ignore him eventually he gets the hint and will start paying more attention. I hope that helps good luck to you !!
    countrygirl06

Answer by countrygirl06 at 1:38 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Open communication - make sure he knows you don't agree with his actions and let him know you are lonely and sad. Get counseling for you both or just you if he won't go. You need someone to talk to about everything that's going on.
    Anonymous

• Do you mean yelling as in fighting? What are the triggers in the fight everytime you are having a conversation? Was he a good man when you married him? Did you choose wisely? What happened in your last marriage was it something similar? Did your husband leave you, or become meaner? If so then I think the answer is to look at yourself, what are you doing that is triggering his anger? Are you being unapreciative, are you trying to change him? Are you being a sweet and loving wife, or are you nagging at him all the time? If you arent being a good wife it doesnt matter how smart or pretty you are a man is going to get sick of it. Its not always the mans fault. Start treating him better, and maybe he will treat you better. If this is not the case, then maybe you either missed the signs, werent with him long enough, or whatever, but you chose poorly. So whichever it is, you need to take action one way or another.
    Anonymous