Is it wrong that I'm letting her do....just about anything?

So my daughter has had the chicken pox for the last week, and this is the first day that she's felt okay...no fever, no new spots, etc. So she got to have a PopTart for breakfast, I let her jump on the bed, and blow bubbles in the living room (it's raining outside). These are not normal events, but she's been so pitiful lately, I can't help but just be overjoyed to see her feeling well and having fun.

Do you do these type of things?

DusterMommy

Asked by DusterMommy at 1:37 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Just for Fun

• You slacker!

Nope. This is what mommies do when kids are sick. Thats why mothers day is the big day. lol
    3gigglemonsters

Answer by 3gigglemonsters at 2:07 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Yeah. When Ki got out of the hospital after heart surgery, we let her do some of those (not the bed jumping, but only because she was, well, recovering from heart surgery ;-) ). It's just good to see them healthy again, you want them to have fun after not for so long.
    Kiwismommy19

Answer by Kiwismommy19 at 1:40 PM on May. 28, 2010

• Yes, sometimes you have to bend the rules and I tell them that.

Not all the time. Make it clear, so she doesn't think tomorrow will be the same.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 1:41 PM on May. 28, 2010

• yep when they have been really sick. I let my kids act a fool, because I am so relieved that they are better and I want them to be happy after being so miserable for so long.
    symle456

Answer by symle456 at 1:43 PM on May. 28, 2010

• AWWWW ! !
    Anonymous

• I allow my DD do some of those things also. Blowing bubbles in the house on a rainy day whats the big deal :~) RIGHT.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, let your hair down and let them have some fun. :-) I agree though, be sure to let them know it's not everday....but certainly after being miserable for the past week, they deserve it! :-D OH! and don't let the big ones know when they come home from school (if they're still going, some I know are out already).

You're not bad, Mama.
    Anonymous

• We blow bubbles in our house all the time even if it's not raining outside. The bed jumping No way! JMO! Have fun It's always nice to see the kids well they are feeling better! Eat Ice Cream instead of lunch too!
    Anonymous

• I don't like to give in like that, because with my kids, one time makes them think they can get away with murder forever. It works for some, not for others.
    Anonymous

• nope. nothing wrong with that! glad she is feeling better
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:42 PM on May. 28, 2010