has anyones little one got there tonsiles removed and how was it during and after the surgery my little girls going to get hers and the anroids removed soon and im worryed she will be 3 in a few weeks so shes still little and did they keep them in the hostpital

troubledkat911

Asked by troubledkat911 at 1:42 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My mom told me I was acting completely normal just 4 hours after the surgery, my neice was groggy a couple days following the surgery because of the anesthetia (spelling?). I think it depends greatly how she'll react to whatever drug they give her to sleep. My 5 year old was given propofol (again not sure of spelling) for an MRI and she was a little out of it for the day but was fine the next day.
    Anonymous

• My oldest had her tonsils & adenoids removed when she was 21 months old. She did have to spend a night because she wasn't 3 - hospital & ENT policy. It went quickly, she came out of anesthesia okay, was cranky, but got over it quick. My 3rd DD had hers done 3 days before her 4th birthday - it was a little harder than the oldest, she came out of anesthesia a little harder, threw up once, struggled to eat for a few days, but by 2 weeks was okay. Once we took her to the chiropractor at 15 days after surgery, she was back to her normal self. The younger they are, the easier it is, IMO. Sure, they have no clue what's going on, but it's best for them. Whatever you do, make sure you don't give her anything red to eat or drink, and no dairy (yogurt, ice cream, pudding, etc), and give her the pain meds on schedule - makes it easier, don't wait til she's in pain to give it.
    Anonymous

• thanks it helped alot for the information
    troubledkat911

Answer by troubledkat911 at 4:07 PM on May. 28, 2010