Does anyone else have a husband who just never has an opinion about anything...

It seems like my dh never has an opinion. I ask him "what would you like for dinner?" and his answer is ..."i don't care, cook what you want." I'll say "what time do you want to go here?" He don't care..but in reality he does care because usually i end up deciding and later he is bitching and moaning about it being too late and we need to get home. How do i make him have an opinion and make decisions? I'm tired of being the one who takes fault for everything.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:01 PM on May. 28, 2010 in Relationships

• my husband always says that, and although it can be irritating I have kind of just stopped asking. I make what I want to make for dinner, and if we are going somewhere I will do as previous poster said and I will get me and the kids ready and say to him well whenever you are ready we are. Then he will make the decision when he wants, and it does work for us.
    Anonymous

• Yea but I like it because i'm a mircomanager...
    leslie_zoe2010

Answer by leslie_zoe2010 at 2:05 PM on May. 28, 2010

• yes.. problem is we are both that way though. If i ask he don't care if he asks i dont care... USUALLY
    mrsbean08

Answer by mrsbean08 at 2:08 PM on May. 28, 2010

• I don't think it ever works, but you can try to say when your ready we can go just let me know.

I am actually leaving my man and that is one of the habits that drive me crazy, hello, can you hear me? What do you want? Anything? Anyone? It gets really annoying.
    Anonymous

• when he starts gripping about something tell him if he had told you before hand you would care. lol but he said he didnt care so stop crying about it.
    Anonymous

• He's forcing you to make the decisions so he needs to suck it up and accept the decisions. Since you know he won't make the decisions about meals then just make what you want. If he doesn't want it then he can do without or fix his own. Regarding time, I'd try to get a coversation out of him such as "We're supposed to be there at 4 so I was thinking we should leave about 3:15. Do you think that's enough time?"

Answer by admckenzie at 2:16 PM on May. 28, 2010

• It sounds like you and your husband are not communicating well. A neutral third party, like a clergy person or couples counselor, can help you relearn (or learn) how to communicate.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:33 AM on May. 29, 2010